*Please Inquire for Pricing*
Note: As a value-add, this test includes a pharmacogenomic analysis (PGX) and mitochondrial genome analysis (mtDNA), unless you decide to opt out.
What is a whole genome sequencing (WGS) test?
While the whole exome sequencing (WES) test will analyze all of the portions of DNA responsible for producing proteins, it only accounts for 1% of a person's DNA. Researchers have found that DNA changes outside of this 1% can produce symptoms and conditions even though they do not code for proteins. With a whole genome sequencing (WGS) test, we analyze all of the base pairs of a person's DNA - about ~3.2 billion - to try and find a cause for any symptoms or conditions.
Because we look at so many more base pairs, the potential diagnostic yield of a WGS test is higher than the WES test.
When should I order a WGS test?
Because of the increased cost, we recommend that those who are considering a WGS test consult with our team before ordering it. Our team of experts will discuss your symptoms with you and provide a recommendation of what test to order, because sometimes other tests may suit your particular situation better. Please contact us for more details!
Included with your purchase:
- Simple and easy self-collection kit from industry-leader DNA Genotek
- All the shipping supplies and documentation needed
- Sample processing and analysis pipeline accredited by the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA)
- Pre- and post-test genetic counselling sessions with a certified genetic counsellor
- If required, a doctor's letter to your care team to help inform any next steps
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results are typically ready within 3-4 months, once received in the laboratory, unless unexpected circumstances arise. These circumstances will be communicated as soon as possible. We reserve the right to limit quantity of orders purchased. Please contact for bulk purchasing options.